If you read a claim on any other site that says "FREE Home Delivery" be cautious. Ask specifically what their claim means. Here are definitions for every delivery phrase on our site. Feel free to call toll free 1-800-470-8911 if you still have questions.
- Items labeled "Quick Ship Product" are shipped within 3 business days, Monday through Friday, from receipt of a complete order. Look for this label when time is of the essence.
- You have several options when considering delivery of your new Pride or Golden lift chair. The standard free shipping is called "curbside delivery". This means that the chair will be delivered to your location, often outside the building.
- Your first option is "in-home delivery". This means a truck line will deliver DIRECTLY INSIDE your location ONLY WHEN IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET THE CHAIR IN YOUR DOOR WITHOUT TAKING IT OUT OF THE BOX. The delivery person is required only to deliver the item into the building, not place it in a specific location or deliver upstairs. In most cases all that remains to be done is to unbox the chair and it will be ready to use. Most customers unbox the chair and install the 9 volt batteries for backup at any convenient time. This is an upgrade on Pride chairs, but it's included standard on Golden chairs. Delivery locations that have more than 4 steps must upgrade to "white glove delivery".
- Your second option provides for "in-home delivery & setup" service and is only available with Pride lift chairs. The in-home delivery is subject to the restrictions above. The setup takes place at a later day when a technician will come to your and remove the chair from its box, do whatever assembly is necessary, and make sure the chair operates correctly. However, you are responsible for having the chair in the room you want before the technician arrives.
- Your third option is called "white glove delivery" on Golden lift chairs and is called "platinum delivery" on Pride lift chairs. The cost for this service varies by the manufacturer and is shown under the options prices for each model of chair. Please call for Pride platinum delivery pricing. With this service your chair is delivered to the technician's location. The technician will then call to arrange a delivery time (usually 7-10 days out) and bring your chair to your home. The technician will unbox your chair, install the battery backup (you provide the 9 volt batteries however), and position the chair where you want it. This service also includes moving the chair up or down one flight of stairs and removal of all packaging materials. However, removal of an old chair is not included.
- Your lift chair will come with one-year of in-home factory authorized service in addition to the standard warranty for both parts and labor provided by the manufacturer.